“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
Mold removal is a foreign concept. Within the air we breathe, indoors and outdoors, there are some variations of microbial spores in the air. However, in the instance that there is elevated moisture and humidity levels, a food source for those spores is activated and can create the ideal environment for the spores to multiply into growth on the walls, floors, windowsill or other areas in your home. When the visible mold growth is high, it is important to get an environmental hygienist to gauge the air quality level at the time and communicate what the safe level is for your home or business. SERVPRO of Tuscaloosa North can then come in and remediate the issue getting your air quality level down to the hygienist's recommendations.
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (205) 339-5022
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (205) 339-5022
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Tuscaloosa North is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,700 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: